Saturday, August 30, 2008

going on a "date" with your husband

Somehow going on a date with your husband just doesn't have the same thrill as when you are single and dating some random person you barely know. Jeff always says that is just the way it is. And he's probably right. I mean there isn't the question of "does he like me?" (he obviously does) and there is no wondering "are we going to spend the night together?" (we already have five million times, not to mention he's seen me push two babies out, which probably really changes how you see someone). I have to say though, I kinda miss that rush you get. And maybe it's the whole thing. Your girlfriend would help you pick out an outfit, you'd shave your legs, pick out your best panties and bra, discuss at length how hot said guy is or isn't, rehash any of your previous dates, etc. And this is all the lead up to the date. You've had a ton of fun before you even get started!

Nowadays, I'm lucky if I remember to wear something a little nicer to work and put on some makeup.

BUT all that said, we did have a good time. We went to Harvest Vine which is a yummy little tapas place in Madison Valley. We sat down in the wine cellar where you can image you are in some little place in Europe. The food there is outstanding. It's pretty much all meat and cheese. And, of coarse, really good wines, all Spanish. My favorite dish we had last night was cured tuna with a soft poached egg and leaks with some kind of sauce. We ate it on their bread which is crazy good (although I was bummed they wouldn't give me any butter. What kind of rule is that anyway?).

Unfortunately Jeff was having a migraine so we didn't end up going out to Oliver's Twist after dinner which is a fun little place in our neighborhood that we like to go to on the rare occasion that we get out. They have really yummy desserts and fun cocktail concoctions. But we did have a nice time sitting on the couch and talking without being interrupted every 5 min. I fell asleep at 9:30 since I was up half the night before dealing with the kids. (Kiera needed her back rubbed since she has another cold and then Bob was kicking me in the back all night after he climbed in with us and I was too lazy to take him back to his room. ) I got to sleep for 10 hours without interruption! So, that is a real date from the land of married. It's still fun, but it sure is different.

No comments: