Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Will Lasik destroy my eyesight?

Warning: I haven't yet done ANY research on this topic so everything I'm going to say now is complete hearsay and I might even have made some of it up in my head but now I think its something someone actually told me.

So, I've been thinking a lot about getting Lasik. I'm super tired of glasses. Not only is it just annoying to have to wear them all the time, but I'm tired of how I look in them. I think they add about 10 years, which I really don't need.

So, here's what I'm afraid of:
1. Lasik will completely destroy my vision
2. It won't completely destroy my vision but will not really fix it AND leave me with spots or halos or something equally unappealing.
3. It will work but I'll still have to wear glasses for reading or something stupid like that. I mean, who wants to spend 3-4k dollars only to have to get new glasses too!

Another rumor I heard is that it doesn't work on astigmatisms. That would be lame because that is the same reason I can't wear contacts. Well, that sums it up. Now I must go find out the truth about Lasik.

No comments: