Thursday, August 14, 2008

contractor hope

I ended up meeting with the contractor by myself last night since Jeff is off in eastern WA supposedly working, but I suspect there is some partying going on since he's with some friends. But I cannot hold that against him since whenever I travel for work, it's always mostly fun and very little work.

Anyway, the guy and his assistant came and asked knowledgeable sounding questions. What do I really know anyway when it comes to this sort of thing? I make software. They seemed nice. The architect said they have great references. We'll see what the bid is.

I also quizzed the architect about the super high bids we've gotten for a porch! I mean, come on, for a 100K, you should be able to do more than an unfinished porch and a deck. Sheesh. He seemed to think the bids were ridiculous too so I'm hoping this new guy will be lower. If not, I'm going to start wondering what kind of building materials are specified? Is the whole porch supposed to be gold filigree?

No comments: