Saturday, September 27, 2008

Here's to you, Grandpa

Wow, that was really fast. On Monday, my grandfather decided not to be treated for heart failure and today, he died. It was a nice day to die. The weather was beautiful - sunny, warm, not hot, nice breeze, leaves starting to turn red, yellow and orange.

My grandfather slipped into a coma last night and stopped breathing at 3pm this afternoon. My mom, her brother, my father, my sister and I were all there when he took his last breath. I was kind of scared about seeing him die. But it was actually kind of beautiful. I'm so grateful that I got to be there. I'm so grateful that he was so much a part of my life. He told me that we were the best of friends. I got to tell him how much I loved him. I don't have the words for how much I will miss him.

No comments: