Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Febrile Seizures

I am very tired. Kiera has been very sick the last few days with a very high fever. We've called 911 twice and been taken to the hospital for febrile seizures. It is definitely the scariest thing that I've had happen as a parent. The first time it happened, I really thought she was going to die in my arms.

Because she had 2 in 24 hours and they were deemed "atypical" we now get the joy of going to see a pediatric nuerologist. She seems ok now. And last night she was fine even though her fever spiked again around 10pm. I haven't been sleeping well since I check on her every few hours to make sure she's still alive. I tell myself it's irrational to think she'll die in her sleep, but you hear those horror stories and I just can't sleep unless I know she's ok.

No comments: