Saturday, December 6, 2008

stupid house

OK, this is why my house needs to be completely gutted or torn down and rebuilt from the ground. The freezer dudes show up this morning (at 7:40 by the way, WTF?) and I haul my hung over ass downstairs to let them in. They get the freezer to my basement door and what do you know, it is super narrow! I suppose it should have occurred to me to measure it, because we've had this sort of problem before. Jeff and I wanted a king size bed but we couldn't even get the split box springs up the stairs. The stairs are so narrow and steep and you have to make a full turn at the bottom. I didn't think about it with the basement stairs since it's a straight shot.

Anyway, the freezer won't go down the stairs. Back to the store it goes. No giant freezer for me, at least this weekend. Supposedly I can get an upright that they could get down there. And on the bright side, the delivery guy totally knew his shit and was super nice.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Right there with ya -- you saw our kitchen.