Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Snow predictions and bailouts

Ok, Snow Watch 2008 continues. Here's the latest forcast for the next fews days.

A STRONG WINTER STORM WILL MOVE INTO THE AREA ON FRIDAY. THISSYSTEM WILL LIKELY PRODUCE WIDESPREAD MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOWS NEARTHE CASCADE CREST. VALLEYS IN THE LEE OF THE CREST WILL PROBABLYHAVE A SMALLER CHANCE OF SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL...BUT THE EXACTTRACK OF THIS STORM IS STILL UNCERTAIN.

I am keeping fingers, toes and anything else I can manage crossed. I'm sure we'll have fun without snow, but I really want to SKI!!!!

In other news, Jeff is obsessed with the auto bailouts. I'm really not sure how I feel about it. In general, I'm a big government girl. But I also feel totally annoyed that the US auto makers have spent so many years fighting any kind of move into the 21st century. They have pushed their giant gas-guzzling vehicles, shipped a lot of jobs overseas, and faught any legislation to move to higher fuel effeciency and new technologies. At the same time, they employ a lot of people who aren't going to have many options if they find themselves out of work. Bah. I think Ford deserves some help. Not so sure about the other two. But one more rant from Jeff and I'm gonna open a can of whoop-ass on him.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Bailing out the US auto industry is cheap compared with the financial industry -- it's like a gift-with-purchase.

Republican resistance is obviously an attempt to destroy the UAW once and for all.

Bailout will happen, though; too many 2010 votes at stake.