Friday, May 22, 2009

This is why dieting is wrong

Ok, so generally speaking I don't diet. Generally speaking, I don't like to be one of those girls that sits around talking about her weight and what she ate today. But that was back in the day when I could drop 5 lbs by going for a run a couple times a week for a few weeks. Now, I've got all this "baby weight" stuck to my middle like glue and no amount of exercise seems to shake it. My personal trainer recommended that I eat about 1400 calories a day. 1400! I said to her "that doesn't sound like enough food to sustain life" and she said "you'll be fine." But here's the thing. I'm not fine! I'm freakin HUNGRY! Ok, most of the time I am fine. It is actually really good because I'm eating WAY more fruits and veggies than before (mostly because they tend to be almost calorie free and did I mention that I'm hungry?) and just in general making better choices about my diet. But I really hate being hungry at 8pm and really wanting something like say cheese and crackers and feeling like I can't eat it. Last night, I broke down and ate some cookies. I don't consider dessert off the menu entirely, in fact, the Skinny Cow ice cream novelties are pretty tastey. But I am trying to limit it to a couple times a week, instead of daily, multiple times daily, etc. And lest you think I should have just cut out the dessert and kept eating everything else, I already tried that! Ok, back to not eating.

No comments: