Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My trip to NYC

I just go back from NYC. I went all by myself, no husband, no kids, no nothin. I stayed with a good friend at her place in Brooklyn. Here are the highlights.

  • Shopping. A lot of shopping. Mostly in Soho, a little on 5th AVE.
  • Dim Sum in Chinatown
  • Lots of yummy food including incredible hummus, great bread and cheese, and wine
  • Went to very strange bar in Tribeca
  • Had a snack at a diner at 1am in Tribeca
  • Rode the subway a lot
  • Stayed up late every night (what is up with not eating dinner until 9pm in NY?)
  • Had an awesome massage
  • Helped my friend pick some paint colors that are "fresh"
  • sat outside the Plaza making phone calls
  • Walked right past John Kerry on the sidewalk

Things I wanted to do but didn't

  • try the super yummy looking jerk chicken at the corner place by my friends house
  • buy a bunch of food from the Meat Palace and eat it along with some of the weird cheeses at the Mexican grocery
  • Try more restaurants including an indian place, an austrian place, and a chocolate bar
  • wander around in central park
  • eat a soft pretzel and hot dog from a vendor
  • go to one of the many museums

Oh well. Next time.

No comments: