Tuesday, January 6, 2009

that girl has a set of lungs

Last night I accidentally woke up Kiera when I was checking on her before going to bed myself. This resulted in her refusing to go to bed for almost FOUR HOURS! Ok, I probably should have let her scream for a while sooner but here is my defense:

a. She has only very rarely cried herself to sleep and only when it is wimpy cries
b. I was really tired myself and not thinking clearly
c. She was screaming at the top of her lungs. I am not exaggerating. We're talking full lung power, hysterical, you are torturing me and you are the worst mommy in the world screaming. Not to mention rattling her cage when left unattended.
d. I didn't want her to wake up Bob. I don't know why I ever worry about this since he could probably sleep through the end of the world.
e. It is really hard to listen to anyone, especially your sweet, little baby scream like a banshee.

Anyway, eventually I put her down and she screamed for about 20 min at which point I went in, rubbed her back and she fell asleep. And yes, I'd tried that several times earlier. Jeff got super pissed at me which I can understand since I was pissed at myself. But we kept arguing about what to do with her and every time the other would get fed up and decide to let her cry, the other would go in and pick her up. Well, at least I can look forward to sleeping tonight. We are definitely entering 2 year old territory and I think she's going to be a lot harder because she has very strong opinions. But I like that about her so I'll try to be cool and roll with it.

No comments: