Friday, January 30, 2009

Earthquake!

Everyone under your desk!

I wonder if that is still what they tell school children. We used to have earthquake drills in elementary school where they would yell "Earthquake, earthquake" over the loudspeaker and you had to get under your desk, face away from the windows and cover your head with their hand.

This morning I woke up to the bed shaking. I thought, maybe it's an earthquake but figured it was most likely my imagination or something strange about coming out of a dream. But no! It was a real earthquake. I used to really want to experience a "big one" but now that I have kids, I have to say I really would just prefer boring, normal life.

In other news, I decided against Lasik and went for contacts. I'm not super big on sticking my finger in my eye, but otherwise it is going ok so far. My optomitrist said we'll probably have to play with the prescription some to find one that will sit on my eye correctly. I have an astigmatism so its tricky, I guess.

No comments: