Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It is so freakin hot

OK, Seattle is usually a nice cool place even in the summer. But this week is crazy hot. It is 95 degrees on the second floor. After 9 years here, Jeff and I lowered ourselves to air conditioning. That's right, we're destroying the planet so that we can all sleep tonight. Unfortunately, Jeff did not appreciate me picking up the a/c unit from my parents, instead he was in ultra asshole mode. Admittedly he had a bad day. He was late getting home so he didn't get to put in the car seats, he had to take Bob to his swim lesson, he was putting in the carseats while Bob was swimming and Kiera locked herself in the car, Jeff called 911 but then he finally got Kiera to roll down the windows so he could get in. Then it was really hot in the house and he couldn't put the kids to bed until I got home at 9:30 with the a/c. But really, I think there are a) several points where Jeff could have headed off this disaster and b) no reason to blame me and be a total jerk. This is why marriage sometimes sucks ass. But I'm sure we'll all feel better in the morning after a good night's sleep in a nice cool room. And this is why marriage sometimes rocks.

No comments: