Saturday, February 28, 2009

Refinancing, Running and Seether

Ok, so we finally refinanced. Can't remembered if I mentioned I was spending entirely too much time filling out paperwork, collecting paystubs, w-2s, etc and watching the mortgage rates bounce all over the place hoping they'd return to the lowest of the low. We finally decided to lock last week and snag a 4.75 rate. Woo-hoo! If we don't pay this off early, we end up paying about the same amount in interest we would have but now it is spread over 5 more years. But we'll probably pay it off early, hopefully, maybe, well we'll see how much remodeling, college, etc costs.

Anyway, I also just signed up to run the Seattle Rock n Roll Half Marathon. Yes, that's right. I can run, just really slow. I'll be happy to finish with the same time as the last half I did, which was about 2.5 hours. Don't laugh - remember where I said I was SLOW? I'm still hoping a running partner will magically appear. But if not, it should still be fun. Training starts April 5 and I expect to complain a lot.

Also, I heard a remake of Wham's Careless Whisper the other day by Sleether! Now, I had personally never heard of this band (which probably shows how out of touch I am), but Wham! holds a warm fuzzy place in my heart. And now so does Sleether. Hey, check it out, you might like it too.

No comments: