Thursday, April 10, 2008

My first post

Ok, I've never blogged before, but here I go. I decided to return to work last fall when my daughter K was 6 months old. I was literally going insane. Ok, mabye not literally but it felt like it. So, I started passing my resume around. Initially, I was only going to do something part time. But the more I looked around, the more I realized that all the jobs I wanted were full time. So, I found myself applying for full time jobs at big companies. And before I knew it, my friends had me back at MSFT. I spent 5 years there before quitting and vowing I'd never return. Well, that didn't last too long.

How did I feel? Guilty? You bet. Terrified? That too. Relieved? Yep. Excited? Sorta. I agonized over finding a nanny. But I've been at it for about 4 months now and we're pretty much smooth sailing, much to my delight and surprise. I thought K who was 7 months would have the hardest time with the transition. But no, it was B who at 2.5 years felt pretty strongly that I should still be home everyday to play with him.

I am loving being back at work. Loving it. The first week, I couldn't believe how nice the quiet of my office was. And now, I find that I look forward to going to work and I look forward to coming home. So, so far, so good.

No comments: